Italiana FoodTech Careers
Administrative Assistant/Front Desk
Who we are
Italiana FoodTech Inc. (Italiana.ca) is a leading importer and distributor of Italian made commercial food equipment servicing the restaurant industry. Specializing in Pizza and Pasta making equipment, Italiana Foodtech equipment can be found in restaurants across North America. Italiana FoodTech’s success is built on a foundation of deep product knowledge and industry experience.
The Italiana FoodTech office houses a functional showroom to allow customers to test equipment before purchase that also serves as the home of The School of Italian Pizza – where people travel from all over the world to learn pizza making in monthly courses taught by expert pizza makers.
We are currently seeking a highly organized and detail-oriented Administrative Assistant to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing administrative support to our team and ensuring the smooth and efficient operation of our office. Italiana FoodTech has a small but dedicated team, and the ability to adapt, and take on a wide range of tasks is necessary for success.
This is a full time on site role, Monday to Friday 9am to 5:00pm (an extra 30 minutes may be required occasionally)
Pay & Benefits
- $21-25/hour based on skills and experience
- Health & Dental after 3 months
- Parking available on site
- Answering phone calls and responding to emails
- Scheduling appointments and managing calendars
- Filing and maintaining records
- Preparing estimates and following up with customers
- Handling incoming and outgoing mail and deliveries
- Ordering office supplies and maintaining inventory
- Other administrative tasks as assigned
- Post bills, create invoices
- Greeting customers that enter the office and offering them a drink
- Answering incoming calls for Italiana FoodTech & The School if Italian Pizza.
- Preparing client quotations.
- Scheduling outgoing shipments.
- Fulfilling and shipping orders placed on the Italiana FoodTech Shop e-commerce site.
- Keeping the showroom/office organized and tidy outside of regular cleaning.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Very strong written and verbal English skills – Fluency is a must
- At least 1 year of experience as an administrative assistant or similar role in Canada
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proficient in writing emails and organizing/flagging incoming mail
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Quickbooks and/or Autoquotes knowledge great assets but not required
- Well organized and capable of multi tasking
- Strong computer literacy including software such as: Word, Excel, E-mail, Web Usage, and a quick learner for new software
- Must have reliable transportation to get to our offices at 815 Alness St. North York Ontario.
- Logistics experience an asset
- French and/or Italian language an asset but not required
- Punctual and reliable are a must!
No Gluten Allergy/Celiac disease (unfortunately the running of a pizza school means there will always been gluten on site)
If you meet the requirements and are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Questions may only be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal-opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified candidates.